Ariston 32 RFFI -seal on back of heat exchanger | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston 32 RFFI -seal on back of heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjb152

Seems my boiler is leaking at the back of the heat exchanger, so I'm hoping it's just a case of replacing the seal.
Anyone have any experience with that and can offer a rough estimate of how much time it would take ?

The service manual doesn't look too bad, take the cover off remove the water flow pipes and slide it out.

The leak isn't massive, but it appears to have been going on for a while as there is corrosion at the bottom of the boiler.

Check the forum rules.You will require a gas safe engineer to complete this work.
If you are a gsr get a minimum of 10 posts send your gsr number to an admin and they will check you out and give you access to the private gsr forum where boiler repairs can be discussed.

Ok thanks, I'm not a gsr.
Based in London w3 , am I allowed to ask for quotes to do this type of repair?

Get one guy and stick to him, no point having quotes for a repair tbh.

will all be roughly within the same price

actually i don't think many people would waste their time giving you a written quote for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
First, ensure the exact position of the leak...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
The water from the boiler is very hot and is...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
Back