Ariston Aco Expansion Vessel (27 RFFI) | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston Aco Expansion Vessel (27 RFFI) in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bpringle12

Hi All,

I have a condensing combi boiler which has been leaking water from the expansion vessel inside the boiler (causing constant issues with the pressure). From what I have read and from the people I have spoken to, this means the vessel is unusable. I have managed to source a new vessel. Is it just a case of replacing the vessel with the new one and restarting the boiler?

Any help or comments would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Not familiar with gas expansion vessels but on the oil, in simplified terms it's drop the pressure, clamp the hose, swap the vessel, unclamp hose, check charge in vessel, re-pressurise system.

Best bet is to treat yourself to a gsr engineer, will be able to do it quicker and safer. Safety first.

where was it leaking from?
the schrader valve, the vessel case or a connection to it?

the vessel needs be be set to the pre charge set by the manufacturer

Thanks for the responses.

Its the actual vessel case that is leaking, dripping constantly down both sides from the top. From what you say it sounds more prudent to have an engineer look at it?

Unless it was an oring or washer on the connection hose that is leaking then it'd need to be replaced. If the schreader is leaking u could replace the schreader and fit an external vessel on the pipework, you would usually do this if the access above the boiler was particularly poor.

Dump system pressure, remove old vessel, make sure new vessel is pumped up before fitment, fit new vessel, repress system. Voila

Forgive me for being a spoilsport but only a GSR registered person (or someone working under the close guidance of) is allowed to remove the cover from a boiler.

You should be asking a GSR person in as there just might be something else wrong with the boiler too, which might have caused this problem. It shouldn't cost you the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
It's in the WB installation instructions under...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
May I ask why you have removed it firstly ?
Replies
Views
Back