Ariston clas 38 fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston clas 38 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss123

Gas Engineer
Hi, has any one ever come across ae on Ariston clas 38 that lights and then after a few minutes shows 5p3 (Flame cut off)on the display and then goes to 504 error (flame lift off) and then needs resetting.Any info on this boiler or known faults with this boiler would be appreciated as i have never worked on one of these before.

Thanks in advance

Hi, has any one ever come across ae on Ariston clas 38 that lights and then after a few minutes shows 5p3 (Flame cut off)on the display and then goes to 504 error (flame lift off) and then needs resetting.Any info on this boiler or known faults with this boiler would be appreciated as i have never worked on one of these before.

Thanks in advance
The issue will be readily identified by any reputable local gas safe registered engineer, you need to contact one as there is nothing you can do about this kind of fault within the bounds of the law.
As per the forum rules diagnosis and repair of boiler faults will not be discussed on the open forum.

I am gas safe registered but do not tend to do a lot of breakdowns and have never worked on an ariston, i thought this was the private gas safe forum where you can openly discuuss boiler faults and how to fix them but i havent been on here for a while maybe things have changed.

I don't think I've ever come across one? Sounds like an unstable flame fault. Do basic electrical and Gas checks (polarity, voltage, earthing, inlet pressure, burner pressure if applicable).
If all correct check rectification probe and lead, condition of burner, then onto flue or fan issues. Look at fan speeds, fan seals, breaks in flue, flue seals, blocked flue.

I had similar with one of these and the guy on their helpline said it was a "nonsense" fault and would be remedied with new pcb

cheers i have spoken to the help line today and they have said ionisation probe or pcb so i
will start with the probe and see if i get lucky.

I am gas safe registered but do not tend to do a lot of breakdowns and have never worked on an ariston, i thought this was the private gas safe forum where you can openly discuuss boiler faults and how to fix them but i havent been on here for a while maybe things have changed.
Lol.... sorry ss123 I need to get some sleep, forgot to check the location of your post while i was climbing on my high horse.

cheers i have spoken to the help line today and they have said ionisation probe or pcb so i
will start with the probe and see if i get lucky.
More than likely the board. Went too a slightly older than the current (clas) evo combi the other week. Replaced the board after trying the probe which proved not to be at fault. Be carefull as the Ariston boards have moved on a number of versions so the board you replace your faulty one with may not look the same and has the loom connections in slightly different locations and orientations. Also dont forget to put the correct rom module on the board for the correct class and KW boiler.
Good luck and feedback your outcome.
Solutions[emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Change the boiler as anything is just putting...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Boiler man confirmed it was the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
It may be the anti frost device telling the...
Replies
Views
Hi, it’s a big old house, 6 bedrooms over 3...
Replies
Views
Back