Ariston combi boiler - not firing up in DHW mode! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston combi boiler - not firing up in DHW mode! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty32

Hi chaps

Got an Ariston combi boiler (no idea of model but its a big beast, wall mounted) been fine up until yesterday where it doesn't always fire up when opening the hot tap. I have pressed the reset button which only seems to work on occasions.

Is it something to do with the diverter valve or diaphragm and if so is this a job for GSR engineer?

Cheers

Mart

Yes. You'll need to take cover off so gsr only sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Simon - does it sound like a diapraghm or diverter issue?

Depends on the Ariston that you have got. Best port of call maybe to find a local gsr from the forums. Atleast you know you not getting some mug with a ticket and no clue that may charge u a fortune

Simple things to check in the mean time. stopcock open and good flow thru hot water tap. Other than that call someone gsr

Is it a euro combi?

Flip down cover on the bottem with a grey panel. And red light in the middle that is the reset button?

Hi mate this looks like the type

Boiler.JPG

Sorry if I'm being thick is that another name for a diverter valve or is it just switch is blown a fuse or something?

:dizzy2:

Marty32!!!!!!

You had a Biasi screeching the other day??? Have you moved house?

Or do you wear a stetson ???:cowboy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty32 .... don't mess with combi's other than your own man! Picking our experience for your own gain may at the least get you into trouble and at worst KILL someone!

well spotted steve,i was dubious when he said the ariston was a big beast its a microgenus

It'll be interesting to see if he come's back here or just changes his alias and uses us all again! I hope he knows how potentially dangerous it is to be over confident when messing with gas?

Marty32!!!!!!You had a Biasi screeching the other day??? Have you moved house?Or do you wear a stetson ???:cowboy:
Ha ha ha yeah jingle my spurs Diamond! Mine is that **** Biasi but my wife's mum and dad have the Ariston so thought I'd ask on their behalf :DAll the best The Sun Dance Kid

Ha ha ha yeah jingle my spurs Diamond! Mine is that **** Biasi but my wife's mum and dad have the Ariston so thought I'd ask on their behalf :DAll the best The Sun Dance Kid

Mart there's nothing wrong with having confidence in working with gas, its the competence you'll be lacking which can be very dangerous! I noticed that you started off with some plumbing experience, nowt wrong with gaining more. I hope you appreciate the reason for limiting info to those who show competence!

Be safe Sun Dance :rockon2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Good to know! Thank you! I'll definitely look...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
My apologies, I thought it was in the manual...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back