Ariston E-combi not Rectifying | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston E-combi not Rectifying in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

arran197

Gas Engineer
Had a look at this beautifully crafted machine earlier, igniting as should and the flame lit light pops on very briefly before running for 5 seconds, then cutting out and throwing the first ignition fail fault code.

Flame rec electrode looks ok, the lead has continuity through it. I found the polarity was reversed, so switched it round (I assume L on the board is supposed to be the live! Lol), but the problem is still there.

Any ideas?

Is earth good? Did you check earth through to burner. What was resistance back to pcb? Have you tried to clean probe and burner? Measure current in rectification? Call ariston??

Had a look at this beautifully crafted machine earlier, igniting as should and the flame lit light pops on very briefly before running for 5 seconds, then cutting out and throwing the first ignition fail fault code.

Flame rec electrode looks ok, the lead has continuity through it. I found the polarity was reversed, so switched it round (I assume L on the board is supposed to be the live! Lol), but the problem is still there.

Any ideas?
if the polarity was reversed the pcb is cooked,who reversed the polarity?

I'm not sure, but when I checked for voltage on the connector block to the boiler from the mains, the brown was live and connected to the N on the pcb and the blue neutral was connected to the L on the pcb. So I switched them. The boiler was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. But switching the polarity to what I assume is now correct, hasn't made any difference. The boiler fires up, but doesn't rectify. I've checked the electrode, which are a strange shape, but looking at the instructions look correct. I've got continuity through the probe down to the connector on the pcb. What rectified voltage should I be getting, about 3v Dc? The guy I went with to have a look tried ringing Ariston, but gave up after waiting on hold for 30 mins.

Managed to get through to the technical, said either the
electrode or pcb, but if the electrode looks ok, they are supposed to be a weird shape anyway, then it's the pcb. I've heard they're common on Ariston boilers anyway.

Lucky me, there's a Clas HE fitted in the house I'm buying!

Managed to get through to the technical, said either the
electrode or pcb, but if the electrode looks ok, they are supposed to be a weird shape anyway, then it's the pcb. I've heard they're common on Ariston boilers anyway.

Lucky me, there's a Clas HE fitted in the house I'm buying!
thats bad luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
S
Forgot about fault No 1 ! I would talk to...
Replies
Views
I'll be in Turkey, so hopefully it won't go...
Replies
Views
B
i am aware of the board with the tiny stick on...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
P
there is a earlier paper type and a later more...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Back