ariston eurocombi a/23 mffi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ariston eurocombi a/23 mffi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whyme

Aaah the right forum at last. Just wondered if anybody has come across this before. went to a dead boiler, the right hand pcb had fried so i swapped it. now ive got power and the pump runs but nothing else. no power anywhere else (pressure switch, fan) or lights on the left pcb. i tried linking the pump sensor as advised by ariston but that didnt do anything so seems ok. i dont really want to get a left hand pcb if its not that. also when i take the stat wires off the reset light comes on (left pcb). cheers in advance.

Have you checked the system pressure is ok, and the system pressure switch for continuity?
Also check any fuses on the pcbs in case any have blown.

right hand pcb controls fan,pump,aps,gasvalve,ignition so at this poInt the LH pcb has little input IF YOU HAVE MAINS OUT TO THE PUMP AND YOU HAVE BRIDGED THE FLOWSWITCH THE FAN SHOULD START if it does not check for mains leaving the pcb if its leaving look at the LH multi plug going through he combustion box

Have you checked the system pressure is ok, and the system pressure switch for continuity?

yep checked em. new fuses on new board are ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
right hand pcb controls fan,pump,aps,gasvalve,ignition so at this poInt the LH pcb has little input IF YOU HAVE MAINS OUT TO THE PUMP AND YOU HAVE BRIDGED THE FLOWSWITCH THE FAN SHOULD START if it does not check for mains leaving the pcb if its leaving look at the LH multi plug going through he combustion box

is that the one for the pressure switch (LH multi plug) if so then theres no mains at it..I'm not there now just trying to remember what i tested. cheers

is that the one for the pressure switch (LH multi plug) if so then theres no mains at it..I'm not there now just trying to remember what i tested. cheers
cant remember sorry,but it does take power to the fan

I know I changed a PCB on this boiler ages ago and only changed the one. It still didn't work and I am fairly sure the programmer was dead. Phoned Ariston and they said they always recommend changing both PCB's at the same time. From now on I always do both on this boiler. Sounds like the same fault (was about 5 years ago though)

cant remember sorry,but it does take power to the fan

no worries. from the right hand pcb (the new one) theres no juice going anywhere apart from the pump. trying to rack my brain to whats holding it off.. the boss should have asked cust their boiler make then put the phone down.

I know I changed a PCB on this boiler ages ago and only changed the one. It still didn't work and I am fairly sure the programmer was dead. Phoned Ariston and they said they always recommend changing both PCB's at the same time. From now on I always do both on this boiler. Sounds like the same fault (was about 5 years ago though)
Might have to suggest that, leave the ball in their court to wether they want me to swap it. cheers

no worries. from the right hand pcb (the new one) theres no juice going anywhere apart from the pump. trying to rack my brain to whats holding it off.. the boss should have asked cust their boiler make then put the phone down.
if theres no power leaving the rh pcb except to the board it could be faulty IIRC,lh controls modulation so has no bearing on ignition

Had same problem few years ago. Changed both boards and all worked fine. Ariston had changed something with the new pcb and it wasn't compatible apparently.

Had same problem few years ago. Changed both boards and all worked fine. Ariston had changed something with the new pcb and it wasn't compatible apparently.
I heard that today, cust doesnt want to throw anymore money at it cos it was fit in1999 apparantly. he has requested we get and fit a cheap and nasty ferroli (he loves the price). eerrrrgh. Might change my name after fitting that.

Think once you fitted 5 or more of the beauties u get a free hammer to remove them with in two years. What about a logic independent? Much better boiler, plus your name won't be dirt in two years??

Think once you fitted 5 or more of the beauties u get a free hammer to remove them with in two years. What about a logic independent? Much better boiler, plus your name won't be dirt in two years??

we tried to talk him out of it but false economy and all that. think after fitting 5 i'd deserve a headlock from dominic littlewood. think a signed disclaimer wouldnt go amiss.

ferroli fitted and i didnt have to do it....i live to see another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Benny , it might make me a hero some...
Replies
Views
Sounds like board to me then
Replies
Views
Thanks I’ll get a new fan then. I literally...
Replies
Views
It's totally dry from the auto air vent. But I...
Replies
Views
Back