Ariston Eurocombi SE SX 20 Fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston Eurocombi SE SX 20 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
basically workers cut through wire for room stat and tripped the electrics, ever since boiler hasnt worked not even fan working but there is power to the boiler. I'm wanting to replace the 2 fuses that are in beside the PCB incase they have blown, it reads FUSE 5x20 and are small glass fuses, what rating are these ? and is this likely to fix it ? I have combustion door off so its not the APS

1 bar it was working fine yesterday until workers cut through live wire to room stat

i assume your not getting dhw either if gauge on 1 bar try taking to 1.5 lwp may be gunked up,if that does not work and pumps running try pushing a small screw driver up into the pump pressure switch its the small one above the pump if the boiler then works you have a weak pump,blocked small pump pressure pipes or a faulty pump pressure switch,remove the fuses in the pcb and check for continuity

no dhw no nothing, no fan running, no attempt to ignite, i had it running fine the other day since this wire was cut it hasnt worked i have disconnected room stat from boiler still nothing

no dhw no nothing, no fan running, no attempt to ignite, i had it running fine the other day since this wire was cut it hasnt worked i have disconnected room stat from boiler still nothing

and looped the stat? should have no bearing on dhw though unless dv playing up

i'll reconnect stat since it has had no effect though i am assuming due to wire being cut live and electrics in the house going off it has blown fuses in boiler, forgive lack of info ive only got use of 1 hand and this is my 2nd breakdown today lol the joys of being a gas engineer

oh i forgot we repaired damaged wire to room stat so if i reconnect it should be working

does sound like fuses in pcb,just put a temp loop on the wiring terminal to bypass the room stat,i dont know what ma fuses are in there but any will do as a test,i get my fast fuses from abkot and pumps for the eurocmbi as they are grundfos and cheaper just for future reference

they are smaller than usual 3amp ones, could i get them from any hardware store??

2 breakdowns today for misses and my mate and i shouldnt even be working!

Last edited:
they are smaller than usual 3amp ones, could i get them from any hardware store??

2 breakdowns today for misses and my mate and i shouldnt even be working!

no you need these [DLMURL="http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/subcategory.aspx?catid=C2-7,got"]Printed Circuit Board | Circulating Pumps | Diaphragms | Thermostats | Fuses[/DLMURL] any old pcbs you can nick some from?if that link dont work try this one [DLMURL]http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductId=P94&catid=C2[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Ouch that sounds expensive
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the help, went...
Replies
Views
3 way ap switch on these iirc,try it with the...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
V
We do not discuss gas repairs in open forum...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
U
Shame them for what? For having heating for...
Replies
Views
garrywhite
G
Back