Ariston Genus HE 24 fault. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston Genus HE 24 fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flanners

Evening guys,

I have a customer with an Ariston Genus HE24 with a fault code E34 which says that the air pressure switch isnt shutting off. Also the water temp only goes up to 52 degrees then shuts off instead of staying constant. I have changed the APS and the HW sensor to rule them out as they are relativly cheap.

There is obviously an air flow problem either with the flue (which runs away from the boiler down hill) or the fan. Although the fan seem to be fine.

Ill get to the bottom of it tomorrow but thought I would ask if anyone has had a similar / same problem.

The boiler is only 4 years old and a shocking installation which I can guarantee hasnt been flushed!!!

Any info would be great. Cheers!

remove the restrictor ring within the recuperater(secondary exchanger bolted to fan) if its not in there it will be in the flue bend i take it you have checked the venturies?

Im going along tomorrow so thought I would ask. Recuperater? venturies? jesus.....new boiler! lol

I also forgot to say that when I put the casing on the boiler extinguishes but when I remove it it lights!

its easy to get the fan out to get to the recuperator(one screw and pressure tubes off +wires) ,if there's a ring inside it remove and discard while the fans out check the venturie should take around 20 mins recuperators the big silver and black lump bolted to the fan,venturies the jet the aps positive tubes connected to

and working ok with the combustion door off are classic symptoms of the above restrictor ring at fault

Last edited by a moderator:
no probs come back and tell us if it fixes the microgenus it will help other engineers

I will do! My heart sank to my bum when I opened the cupboard and saw that!!!

is it a genus or a microgenus, they are 2 totally different boilers. i think u have 2 seperate faults. the e34 that happens with the case on but not the case off is probably to do with air flow. the flue might be blocked or the inner flue might be broken along its length. (this can be checked using a flue gas analyser in the air inlet, u should get no co2 readings coz it should be clean air, if you get a co2 reading then it's dissconnected somewhere along it's length and the fumes are mixing with clean air). The hot water only getting to 52 degrees could be the secondary heat exchanger blocked. you can find this out by checking the primary temperatures. if the primarys are getting up to 80 degrees and the hot water is only getting to 52 then it's not transfering it's heat and it's probably blocked and cutting out on overheat. the primary temperatures for the genus can be checked in the parameters around the 800's. look in the manufacturers instructions at the back. you have to type in 234 first then the parameter you want.

Thanks chaps this little issue had me stumped thanks for your insight and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I called Jeff, very helpful but only came up...
Replies
Views
Yeah fitted a new fan and I haven't had a call...
Replies
Views
H
No time wasting at all. Thanks for the post...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Had same thing a couple of months ago. Gave...
Replies
Views
JJ The Plumber
J
You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back