ariston micro genus 23mffi lockout probs | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ariston micro genus 23mffi lockout probs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
my mate has the above boiler which is locking out when reaching temperature......i went and had a look yesterday but for the 30mins i was there it worked as it should....2 hours later he gave me a call to say it had locked out again!!
I'm thinking pcb has gone but don't want to get one until i've put it out there for your thoughts.

Ive discounted fan,aps, sensors as when you hit the reset button it fires up again without any troubles!!!

check where flue meets top of boiler,i,m sure there,s a restrictor that can be removed, also check venturi

check where flue meets top of boiler,i,m sure there,s a restrictor that can be removed, also check venturi

ok thanks mate...would the venturi be a problem though as it fires and keeps going in ch and hw mode until it locks out?

Had exact same fault on this boiler, i changed pcb and when i took it out i found a scorch mark on it. Not saying its definitly this causing it but it was on the one i did.

Very intermittent this one.....not heard nothing since i last went!! But no gasman it didnt carry on sparking with case off. what would cause that fault?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

overheated?? I would check simple things first, i had similar problem on different boiler, and it turned out, between wireless roomstat and receiever there was no connection and boiler was working on override mode.
or you may have faulty detection electrodes.

As gas man said about the sparking while main burner on, its a very common fault on this boiler, had it loads of times, its always been the pcb that causes it although i tend to change pcb and probes to be on the safe side, of corse other things can cause it, i.e falty burner, blocked injectors, incorrect min bp but from experience if it keeps sparking while lit it is the pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's part of a service for me, quick check...
Replies
Views
maybe air flow issue? fan itself or venturi clear?
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Does it have a post purge board fitted?
Replies
Views
Is the gas safe engineer next to you Wiley...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Back