Ariston Micro Genus fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston Micro Genus fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

went to this boiler, it was showing low water level/no water circulation. Pressure was ok so i checked the Main Flow Switch...no continuity with the pump running. Changed it and.......still the same. The pressure gauge takes an age to show and changes when filling, so i am guessing it is full of crud. Going to strip it and check the flow group and the return group. Could this also be a problem with the diverter?
it doesnt work in either DHW or CH, same light every time....No Circulation/low pressure....Pump Is fine btw
ANy one out there come across this before?

Piece of rubbish

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember. the pump runs, moves the diaphragm which makes the switch and then onto the ignition sequence

switch and diaphragm changed, when pump is running it does not make the switch......

it did, now it has stopped that as well, the pump is new also......
i am gunna give it a good strip down and see whats what

A faulty primary sensor on aristons can give weird and wonderful faults. Iirc with one of them, if u disconnect the lead from sensor it fires up !?!?

I know ur switch isn't making by normal meand but u are now saying it won't work even if u link out the switch. Aristons fault finding guides are poor at the best of times. Usually it says things like... Check pcb, check ntc, check this, check that, I often feel like screaming at the instructions "TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY NEEDS CHECKING, VOLTAGE/RESISTANCE AND I'LL CHECK IT BUT DONT TELL ME TO CHECK THINGS WITH NO SPECIFICS!!"

stuck the fault finding guide in a bucket of water today......pointless really

Stripped this down the other day and everything was blocked with crud.....required a new flow group as well, it is coming on now, but.....only the right hand side of the burners is igniting!!!!!!! but with a few resets it sorts itself out...bloody thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Stripped this down the other day and everything was blocked with crap.....required a new flow group as well, it is coming on now, but.....only the right hand side of the burners is igniting!!!!!!! but with a few resets it sorts itself out...bloody thing
gas pressures out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately most household insurance...
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
Don't hold your breath. Maybe worth having a...
Replies
Views
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Thankyou DuncanM will do that.
Replies
Views
Back