Ariston microgenius 24 mffi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston microgenius 24 mffi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a repair this morning on an ariston microgenius 24mffi, E34 error code showing, the cust had hot water only for a few seconds before the boiler cut out and the heating was only working at a low temp. I suspected sludge/debris in the heat exchanger and plate heat exchanger. I had replaced the aps a couple of weeks ago which had cured the problem. I was at a loss as to why this error code had reappeared as all the usual checks showed everything working ok and having power. I phoned the ariston tech helpline ( what an attitude on the guy, Im sure he wouldnt have that attitude to my face, must have been his time of the month) they suggested there may be a flue restrictor present that could be removed and that I should clean the fan blades. I duly cleaned the blades and removed the restrictor. This solved the problem with no hw and the ch went up to temp, however in ch mode the boiler still intermitantly shows E34 error code, although it still seems to work when the room stat is turned up and down, and when hw is called for everything works fine. Has anyone had any experience with ariston boilers that could shed some light on this? or should I go with my first instinct and tell the cust to buy a new boiler as aristons are so very SWEARING.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Had same thing a couple of months ago. Gave...
Replies
Views
JJ The Plumber
J
H
No time wasting at all. Thanks for the post...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
U
You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
F
Thanks chaps this little issue had me stumped...
Replies
Views
geddies
G
R
Its going to cost a fair bit I'm afraid. A...
Replies
Views
R1CKY
R
Back