Ariston MicroGenus 27mffi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston MicroGenus 27mffi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

Got the above boiler with a hot water issue, it's runs for about 5 mins ok then turns off runs cold then fires up again. Does ths over and over

any ideas? Could it be dirafram in diverter valve nackard as the flow / return pipe gets hot as well or could it be the diverter valve nackard?

cheers

is the diverter motor moving? Think these have the black motor on top of the valve, take it off and call for hot water and then heating and see if its moving up and down to change between the two. Have had a few of these that have been knackered.

more likely an nct/thermistor losing its resistance check and replace

I had one where the water flow was about 20L/min all I did is turn it down to 12L and problem solved !

does it still do it if the combustion case is open slightly? If so, you're probably looking at an air pressure issue - Have a look at the fan, give it a clean, remove the flue restrictor, etc..

Check rectification probe as when flame modulates down it can lose signal. NTC and high limit ( loses calibration) also worth checking which have been said already. These worked for me. Diverter defo worth checking if your losing heat to the primary circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed the diverter valve moter and it sorted it for a few days now back to the same.

Should I try the hot water thermistor next?

Dont work on these much as you can prob tell.

thanks for the info guys

Are you running it on HW only? If it is on HW & CH I am sure the divertor opens to clear heat away from boiler? Run it on HW only and see if flow gets hot. Then switch it and if it opens then you know it is ok and that was why it was getting hot. As said check resistance through sensors, if they are good it could be the dhw plate. What is the water like, black? Might need a flush. Was the motor a wet pocket? cos you might have temporarily unblocked it when you drained down. Sounds like the thermistor is doing its job though, as it is not going to lock out on the overheat, but still could be on the way out. Give flame sensor a good clean with wire wool.
TBH it could be any one or more of any of the stuff that has already been suggested by others. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Heating will run until hot gets up to...
Replies
Views
Back