Ariston Microgenus 32 HE E34 code | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston Microgenus 32 HE E34 code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

Went to look at an Ariston boiler which was cutting out only when hot water was drawn, heating didn't cause the code which is odd. Code relates to APS so I checked for blocked flue, restrictor in flue or recuperator, split tube, venturi blocked, fan fault etc and all were fine, I changed the APS but the problem still exists.

Any idea?

Normally the restrictor in the flue needs to be removed or the fan is running slow.

The flue restrictor has already been removed and I tried another known working fan and no change.

Its a very odd one.

Last edited:
The flue restrictor has already been removed and I tried another known working fan and no change.

Its a very odd one.

By you or another?bear in mind restrictor can be in 2 places,inside the secondary hex and in the flue on top of the boiler,what type of flues fitted to it?

I checked inside the recuperater (where the fan goes in) and no restrictor there and also checked where the flue elbow goes into the boiler and none there either. I didn't remove them they had been removed by a previous engineer.

It is a horizontal flue.

Mark.

I checked inside the recuperater (where the fan goes in) and no restrictor there and also checked where the flue elbow goes into the boiler and none there either. I didn't remove them they had been removed by a previous engineer.

It is a horizontal flue.

Mark.

Fair enough,does it throw up E34 with the combustion door off?

Difficult one to say as it is random, I never saw it with the cover off though. sometimes goes for 10 minutes then constant code after reset.

Where are you going with the cover off option??

Mark.

Difficult one to say as it is random, I never saw it with the cover off though. sometimes goes for 10 minutes then constant code after reset.

Where are you going with the cover off option??

Mark.

Flue or internal hex seals,i know you have checked the flue but have you done a integrity test?it will show up pocs in the air side,failing that,are you sure your other fans good and able to do its job even though it's spinning could be running too slow,if that doesn't work i would say pcb but never had a board fail with e34

Yes, I checked the test ports, Ratio 0.0012, CO 101. Intake port O2: 20.9 so all good.

The fan is out of a boiler I replaced which was not giving any codes.

could be rubbish in the secondary hex,never seen them block though,i can give you the number of a Ariston guy down my way,may be able to help

Not tried Ariston Technical yet, don't find them much use normally, if your chap knows Aristons very well then I would appreciate the details.

Not tried Ariston Technical yet, don't find them much use normally, if your chap knows Aristons very well then I would appreciate the details.

info in post 11,he is aristons service engineer for south wales CF postcode ,Jeff davies used to cover your way,SA postcode but not sure if he has retired

info in post 11,he is aristons service engineer for south wales CF postcode ,Jeff davies used to cover your way,SA postcode but not sure if he has retired

Ariston technical can be hit and miss, there are a couple of extremely helpful guys who work there, but on the flip side I had another hang up on me after briefly answering my question and not even giving me time to reply!

I still wouldn't rule out the fan, ive had loads that look and sound good but apparently the heat affects them and makes the motor run slower so they drop out on high flame.

Ariston technical can be hit and miss, there are a couple of extremely helpful guys who work there, but on the flip side I had another hang up on me after briefly answering my question and not even giving me time to reply!

I still wouldn't rule out the fan, ive had loads that look and sound good but apparently the heat affects them and makes the motor run slower so they drop out on high flame.

My moneys still on the fan

I called Jeff, very helpful but only came up with the same things I have already done, he did mention the fan as well. I will reluctantly purchase another fan.

My concern is that it only fails when calling for hot water, it is perfect for heating (strange).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Gas Safe Registered? If so send your details...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
Cut all the cable ties and the rubber/plastic...
Replies
Views
ed209
E
Hi, I have been to a customer a couple times...
Replies
Views
D
I would personally also get heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back