Ariston Microgenus 32HE Fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston Microgenus 32HE Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
got a problem with this boiler and I suspect its the APS just need a second opinion before I replace part.

Boiler doesn't ignite when called for CH or HW but fan etc runs, when I had combustion door off it fired and when I put door back on and operated APS myself it worked, fault code E 34 showing.

not always remove the fan(easy)remove the restrictor ring in the recuperator(in the flue bend on some) these fail over time and give the same issues,while the fans out clean the venturie stick it all back together 9 times out of ten this is the cause of the e34 fault if that fails renew the aps

ok then i'll buy APS tomorrow and do as you say, and if not needed will return to shop thanks G man;)

was almost certain it was APS until i read another thread on here which made me think again:p

thank god for this forum :)

Last edited:
when this boiler was new bg replaced a lot of fans saying they where under powered,this did work for a while but the real cause was the restrictor rings so the new fans ultimately went the same way,could not keep the aps open ariston now say bin the restrictors

so what your saying is clean venturi, remove restrictor ring and if that doesnt fix it change APS ??

Last edited:
got to go to a job on a ravenheap 120csi low nox combi ,fault hot water only works when heating on,never worked on one of these
but have seen the inside of one a long timeago, does it have a motorised divertor,or is it similiar to diaphram type ie 84et boilers
Also anything to be on look out for ,cheers
Cheers gasman for advice on ariston microgenuis fault ao1,was pcb in the end,got a good way testing it was pcb on this ,
if you come across ao1,remove 1 lead from modureg,if it fires up and stays on then pcb ok,its the recuporater

got to go to a job on a ravenheap 120csi low nox combi ,fault hot water only works when heating on,never worked on one of these
but have seen the inside of one a long timeago, does it have a motorised divertor,or is it similiar to diaphram type ie 84et boilers
Also anything to be on look out for ,cheers
Cheers gasman for advice on ariston microgenuis fault ao1,was pcb in the end,got a good way testing it was pcb on this ,
if you come across ao1,remove 1 lead from modureg,if it fires up and stays on then pcb ok,its the recuporater

think the raven heap has a diverter type f [DLMURL="http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductId=P183&catid=C2"]Printed Circuit Board | Circulating Pumps | Diaphragms | Thermostats | Fuses[/DLMURL] mis should be in here Index

Last edited by a moderator:
ok boilers now fixed turns out I had to change APS

Last edited:
yuup was a nightmare to get to lol, done all you said first and then tried old aps and didnt work

yuup was a nightmare to get to lol, done all you said first and then tried old aps and didnt work

if electrical leads where put back on in reverse order(red to blue blue to red)what effect would this have ?i put everything back as it was but just curious

if electrical leads where put back on in reverse order(red to blue blue to red)what effect would this have ?i put everything back as it was but just curious
on the aps or fan?

on anything, just curious the effect it would have would it work or blow a fuse?

Last edited:
on a aps it would not really do any damage just not work,on a fan it might run backwards or more than likely blow a fuse same for a pump,flow switch wont work,lwp switch wont work lne into pcb reversed polarity normally results in pcb instant death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

WB inform (again) that this (2965) is set to...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Don't hold your breath. Maybe worth having a...
Replies
Views
Back