ariston plumbing set up | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ariston plumbing set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, could anyone give me the pipework layout for an Ariston undersink electric water heater. Its the 3kw version as stocked by B&Q. it comes with a pressure relief valve and i do have an expansion vessel but im not sure if i need more valves to incorperate this in the system. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. best regards, stanman

what size?

i havn't tried their website, i thought it would be easier to ask someone on the forum for the advice. its a 10 litre undersink 3kw, thanks

Expansion vessel may not be needed, depends on the length of pipe that exits the heater. It will all be in the MI's that come with it.
PRV is 100% absolutely needed though and care should be taken so that if the PRV does go, the released hot water isn't going anywhere that it could scald someone. Again though it will be in the MI's
The jury seems to be out on whether or not to fit the di-electric jobbies as they can be a pain to seal, just get some loctite on them and there should be no issues. The warranty will definitely be void if you don't fit them.

i cant see any mi's in the box, thats the reason i have tried this forum for info. please could you explain DI -electric jobbies? thankyou

They're plastic bridges that go between the heaters inlet/outlet and your pipework, they're there to limit corrosion within the heater.
Not sure if all of these types of heaters come with them or not, maybe some manufacturers have them built in - infact, if they don't I could probably patent that idea...

It would have been easier if you'd looked on their website TBH. It was the first thing I found when I searched using your question.

Let me google that for you

Might save you a bit of time and frustration in future.

hi all, back again, after rereading the mi's again it now seems i have to fit an expansion vessel because the mains pressure here is too high and i had to fit a pressure reducing valve. it states vessel MUST be fitted when fitting prv. Is this a job a could tackle myself as i'm not too sure about these expansion vessels. i know i have to fit a non return valve in the system as i can see from the drawing but the vessel i have does not seem to have anything other than a large thread at the top ! do i need a shroeder valve (ive heard mentioned) or any other parts? regards, Stanman

No need to touch the schrader valve side of the vessel. Will need a 1/2" female iron to convert the vessel to copper.

And I would strongly recommend that you don't run the water heater until the expansion vessel is in place

These things are a real pain!! All the controls of an unvented cylinder for a measly 10 litres of hot water...

They suggest there compact & fit under a sink but when you have a check valve, pressure reducer, expansion tank & relief valve all under a kitchen sink it's a real pain!

The last ones iv fit I just do the heater & the relief valve out the wall! Never had a problem that way as there always seems room for it to expand back down the pipe...

Another thing I hate is how they don't supply and mics or fics for the heater or relief valve... Why not just make them with compression nuts!

after watching the youtube video as suggested earlier, i reran the pipe work and fitted the non return valve and expansion vessel. ariston is working ok now and i just need to fit the tundish which shouldnt take long. thanks to anyone who offered advice. best regards, stanman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi John Yes I have evacuated tubes. They are...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
    • Useful
Impossible to answer, literally. The only part...
Replies
Views
Back