at a loss now with my boiler.... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss at a loss now with my boiler.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galaxy

hi,just some advice please so a long story short-ish and in laymans terms,lol. My boiler,Ferolli modena 80e,had been causing some water problems recently.basically cycling from cold to warm to boiling hot.after researching similar probs here i called in a prof.He said if hed have known it was a ferolli he wouldnt have come,worrying, but across the board opinion he says. so he did what he did and decided that the best and cheapest option was to replace the temp sensors.after doing so the boiler fired up for a few seconds then made an banging sound and shut down. Baffled, he removed the silver casing and called my partner to look at the fan, which was shot, apparently.he advised that a new fan was needed at £150 part and fit.Now the boiler wont fire up at all.It turns on,all lights on,starts up when called to but wont ignite,just a blowing sound now. so no heating or water in these minus temps,typical.
He says he can get the fan but it may be something else and with the age of it that other things may start going. Basically if he had the choice hed replace the boiler.
im stressed now as whether to replace the fan or just bite the bullet and get a new system.Im not sure why it wont fire up as that was never a problem before, he changes only the sensors.could this go on and on, advise would be gratly appreciated.
thanks

Call in another engineer for a second opinion. Can't see how the fan would suddenly fail after changing a few thermistors. He's just a part swapper by the sounds of it, anyone can chuck parts at a boiler until it works, but there's only one person who will have to pay for it.

As said,the guy admitted he does not work on or like ferroli's

Admittedly you are going to be hard pushed to find anyone who loves them but get someone in who is used to working on them

I personally can not see why engineers do not like ferroli boilers,provide a lot of repair work for us

imho

The Ferolli modena 80e, whilst not one of the best, is fairly simple in operation. The engineer sounds like someone I knew once.
His name was Justin Case. He would change a load of parts just in case they were faulty. Get yourself a 2nd opinion from an
"Engineer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Finally (I hope) got to the bottom of this...
2 3
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back