ATAG Boilers- are they the right choice? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Living-Property
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 4K

Discuss ATAG Boilers- are they the right choice? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Living-Property

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on whether to use an ATAG boiler in a property I am having renovated. I have read the info on them etc. On paper they seem good, however I do not have any experience of them. My heating engineer is trained on them and also a registered installer/service provider for them. They are more expensive than the equivalent worcester or vaillant boilers. So the question is are they worth it?

Jason

What model are you looking at?

They are supposed to be very good from what I hear, I have no experience with them personally. I do however have a Programmer for one that I need to get rid of, could sell it you for alot less than one from your supplier if you like. never used, still boxed.

No, stay away from Atag. They are, in theory, great boilers, but their support network is terrible. There are very few heating engineers who understand them and the distibution office in the UK is less than helpful in diagnosing problems. We had a brand new one installed less than 5 years ago and, after endless problems, ended up ripping it out and replacing with two smaller Viessmann ones 12 months back. Since then our heating and hot water have been working flawlessly.

No, stay away from Atag. They are, in theory, great boilers, but their support network is terrible. There are very few heating engineers who understand them and the distibution office in the UK is less than helpful in diagnosing problems. We had a brand new one installed less than 5 years ago and, after endless problems, ended up ripping it out and replacing with two smaller Viessmann ones 12 months back. Since then our heating and hot water have been working flawlessly.

What one did you have. All the ones I look after are superb. Providing maintenance is kept up they don't breakdown. And surprised at the comment that they are difficult to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Back