atiston Europrisma water heater | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss atiston Europrisma water heater in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

D

Dave Walker

evening all
might be a daft question but hopefully all i need is reasurance. i have been asked to move a water heater in a cafe that has been what really should be a walk way so its causing a bit of trouble in its current location. the unit is a undersink unit and the new possion would be a oversink possion. my question is what is the diffrence beetween a under sink and oversink unit is it just the connection points or is there any other reason why i could not fit this over the sink.

dam never thought of turning it upside down.. yes i appreciate it wont look good with the pipework out the top i would get it as neat as possible but it will be out of site and would look a lot better than it does at current i think the original plumber was a bit carless with how he instaled it will try and pop some pics for you to see

need to make sure that it hasnt been put there because of the distance from tap!!

these need an expansion vessel or a certain distance to taps or special taps!!

I think the oversink have a built in tap that when the water gets too hot will let the water out the tap.
undersink you have to add taps/ expansion vessel or certain amount of pipework to allow for expansion

hi jase158 thanks for your reply i think it was placed in its current location so to give it the min distance to allow for the expansion if i rember wright this needs to be about 2.8 meters if its bellow this then you can buy a expansion kitt for it. the new possion would give me 3.5 meters of pipe to take up the expansion so this part is ok.i just wanted to check really that there was no reall reason why this unit could not be fitted higher other than the conections of it.

IMG_0092.jpgcurrent location and pipework not how they have put a bin infront of the heater so they dont forget about it when carrying trays in and out past one another. you will also note how moving this heater will allow for the pipework to be tide up especally as its not cliped or supported under the sink

Just had a look don't say it can't be fitted above so that will do me now I can price the job and sort the mess under the sink etc out for them. Sure I can make it look a lot better than that and easer for them clean round

the oversink unit has a swiveling outlet like a tap the undersink unit has to be piped to the hot pipe - if its the 15 litre version it has to follow G3 unvented rules from your pic the unit is fitted with flexis i would not recommend that copper pipe should be used.

the oversink unit has a swiveling outlet like a tap the undersink unit has to be piped to the hot pipe - if its the 15 litre version it has to follow G3 unvented rules from your pic the unit is fitted with flexis i would not recommend that copper pipe should be used.

Manual says you have to use flexis.

I've never used flexis on one but you should

And I thought under 16l was exempt from g3?

NRV and EV not required depending on pipe length and volume

maximum of 600mm from outlet to tundish (no tundish in video)
and outlet of tundish should be one size greater then inlet
and the discharge pipe must have a vertical section of pipe at least 300 mm
in length, below the tundish before any elbows or bends in the pipe work.

depends if its the 10 litre or 15 litre wether it needs tundish or not go onto ariston site and download manual.last time i did unvented was told its now 600mm not 500 as with everything in gas and plumbing no one seems to tell the training centres

depends if its the 10 litre or 15 litre wether it needs tundish or not go onto ariston site and download manual.last time i did unvented was told its now 600mm not 500 as with everything in gas and plumbing no one seems to tell the training centres

thats where i got 600mm from, but thats a maximum, so if you are doing 500, then fine
and i looked on the instructions and it is both that needs tundish, otherwise you wont know if its got a problem would you!!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Simon I have looked at the manual and it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, Much appreciated. It's nice to...
Replies
Views
Back