Aussie DIY | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Aussie DIY in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

M

musicman2912

G'day people,

As a Aussie living in England, I am one for great deals and good prices. I have been doing up my new house and replacing the horrid plumb coloured bathroom (as my girlfriend does not like it), and I have looked around all the main suppliers for the right stuff. I have found that all good uk plumbing suppliers have mini showroom and can deal with everything from drawing my bathroom on a computer, the tiles and grout, bathroom suite, mirrors and furniture all at a good price for a wonder like me from down under.

I thought I would pass on the information to all the good people around the UK
A very happy Aussie.

Last edited by a moderator:
What spammers should really do is just open about 50 threads on a forum at random and write "i agree" and "yeah that's what i'd do" and "hmm not sure" after random posts and then like and thank a bunch of posts too. This is because the '1 post' by your username screams spammer.

It might take 15 mins but then when they come to write some spam like this it would give it a bit more credibility. Also I'd always include a superficial criticism of the thing being promoted. So in this post he should have written "They supplied me the wrong tiles to begin which was annoying but they soon rectified it. Also one of the guys on the phone was hard to understand so try and avoid him!"

Then finish by making some effort to pretend you're looking to begin a discussion. Say something like, "Anyone else got recommendations of similar firms?" Safe in the knowledge most people who get here from google with just read the first post.

I had a plumbing issue at my house the other day. After hours of looking for a decent plumber I happened across the website of JC plumbing, it seemed just the ticket so I phoned him and he was round to sort the problem out in no time.
What a thoroughly nice bloke he was too, and good looking. His rates were very reasonable and the whole house seems better somehow since his visit. I kid you not, even the car runs better!
A very happy Boltonian.

I had a plumbing issue at my house the other day. After hours of looking for a decent plumber I happened across the website of JC plumbing, it seemed just the ticket so I phoned him and he was round to sort the problem out in no time.
What a thoroughly nice bloke he was too, and good looking. His rates were very reasonable and the whole house seems better somehow since his visit. I kid you not, even the car runs better!
A very happy Boltonian.

.....and then I suddenly woke up. What a dream I had, after I had dreamt that I was a decent plumber I wish my dream would come true. Ah well it's back down the job centre in the morning. A very dreamy Boltonian. :tounge_smile:

A very happy Boltonian.

How lucky can you get?

An aussie, who's moved from the sun to this lousy weather wants us to trust his judgement on sourcing plumbing materials?

Guys, you're just negative poms. I moved here for my wife just as a start. I love my country (our sport is better, wheather is greater, even if skin cancer is a problem, and by the looks of it the people are better too) Sorry if I just want to spread the good fortune.

Well if that can sort all of you out. I wont be using any of you for my problems.

Yes us state of origin lovers are tight, (deffinately not as tight as the South African or Indians - if we're being prejudice)

As a great man said, "I have a dream", that maybe one day the poms will get with the 21st century and be positive.

My rant over. however I will still stand and say when something is good, otherwise I just keep it shut.

Glad to meet nice people on here. Soon be BBQ weather

:wink5:

Guys, you're just negative poms. I moved here for my wife just as a start. I love my country (our sport is better, wheather is greater, even if skin cancer is a problem, and by the looks of it the people are better too) Sorry if I just want to spread the good fortune.

Well if that can sort all of you out. I wont be using any of you for my problems.

Yes us state of origin lovers are tight, (deffinately not as tight as the South African or Indians - if we're being prejudice)

As a great man said, "I have a dream", that maybe one day the poms will get with the 21st century and be positive.

My rant over. however I will still stand and say when something is good, otherwise I just keep it shut.

Glad to meet nice people on here. Soon be BBQ weather

:wink5:

jeez-oh your a quick worker. She was your girlfriend in post 1 now shes you wife. Slow down man !

Love it....

'i won't be using you for any of my problems' (I hate all that free advice, I'd love to pay for it)

'people are better to' Hardly..... given the choice I'd rather spend my time (in order) scots, irish, welsh, any northerner then aussie, followed by a kiwi, because they can't pronounce their vowels.

As for us poms being positive, I totally object to this comment, we pride ourselves on our ability just to moan and then get on with things, whats the alternative? blockage the ports like the french:clap:

jeez-oh your a quick worker. She was your girlfriend in post 1 now shes you wife. Slow down man !

Hey, I moved here for my wife, we seperated and now I have a girlfriend and we have moved in together, hence the reason for the bathroom change around.

Just a quick note to say- I don't like the way moderators change my post, I thought this was a free world? So now I cannot voice my opinions on people who have done good. Even the BBC and ITV are not that ruthless.

mini Hitlers. :devil::censored:

Anyway, enough of me having to explain who, what and my relationship status. If you want to know if I am available and straight, just ask..... :teeth_smile:

Hey, I moved here for my wife, we seperated and now I have a girlfriend and we have moved in together, hence the reason for the bathroom change around.

Just a quick note to say- I don't like the way moderators change my post, I thought this was a free world? So now I cannot voice my opinions on people who have done good. Even the BBC and ITV are not that ruthless.

mini Hitlers. :devil::censored:

Anyway, enough of me having to explain who, what and my relationship status. If you want to know if I am available and straight, just ask..... :teeth_smile:

'FREE WORLD' Seriously, before you jumped ship and came over you needed to have a good look at what has happened. We have less freedom now than ever before, the uk has the largest DNA database of ANY country, we no longer have the freedom to free protest, under the labour government they have curtailed many of our rights,

That is unless your a terrorist and then your human rights count..... FREE WORLD:tank:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Under the regulations, a supplier is not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Oh I love the PEX maintenance loops, what a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'll start updating my drawing and post back...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back