Australia | Australia Plumbers Talk | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Australia in the Australia Plumbers Talk area at Plumbers Forums

shaky

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any plumbers worked there and what's it like?

My mate, who is GSR, emigrated last month. He said they 'work hard, play hard'. The standard of living is better if you like an outdoor or social lifestyle. The price of houses, white goods and cars is higher though.

Not sure what the work is like out there though

I know a couple of lads who went. Expensive upfront for skills assessment through vetass, expensive for visa (if enough points, plumber not on current skills in demand list), only get a provisional plumbing license and have to go to tafe (college) to upgrade, have to be supervised on a provisional and can't set up on your own without going to college to get your congtractors license.

Once you get there, there is not a lot of work and if you get a job, get a decent shovel as you will be using it a lot. Oh and its silver solder on copper, brazing!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
So I found, Oz. Never mind, I used the one I...
Replies
Views
S
It's not a requirement to replace the whole...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
I'm putting in a utility sink, in a limited...
Replies
Views
DotBean
D
  • Question
Looking for a Black Granite Sink that measures...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah.. i see. yes very odd and at this point...
Replies
Views
Back