B Gas 330 HE condensing boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss B Gas 330 HE condensing boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

Evening all, I looked @ a B Gas 330 HE boiler today with a flue deflection kit fitted.

The tenant was complaining about noisy ignition, but not every time it lights.

A couple of times whilst I as there when igniting there seemed to be a whoosh/bang !! At first I presumed new electrodes reqd but thought I would check here before ordering. However no M I on site.

My local spares suppliers could not find the boiler on their Parts Arena. GC NO 41 047 75. What is this boiler known as without the B Gas sticker ? Glow worm .......................

The boiler was installed in 2003, inlet working pressure was 18 mbar all seals around the heat exchanger seemed fine.

Any Ideas.

Kev.

[h=1]Glow-worm Ultracom hxi.[/h]
Just found it, any ideas on the faults ?

It could be the CO2 levels are out, but you'll be best to change the burner gaskets, as these boilers will warp the burner flange & melt other parts.[Seal part no 801635.] Change all the seals in this pack. Fit new spark electrodes, clean Heat exch & carefully clean syphon. When reassembled check & reset co2 levels high & low. Check pressure, gas rates etc.
Always change gaskets when taking burner out, certainly change them every 4 years, then you won't have to explain to the customer why everything in the boiler has melted.

I've changed a few electrodes on these when I was at BG, this cured it 9/10 time, but sometimes I had to change the ignition block aswell to fully cure it. Also check FGA ratios etc and gasket.

Check the flue collector on these also, they are prone to cracking.

Big white plastic unit at the back of the heat exchanger. It connects to heat exchanger to the main flue out of the boiler. These are prone to cracking or the seal where it joins the heat exchanger fails. Run your analyser around it and check for any signs of water running down the back of the boiler (internally).

Kev the gas,you should be checking the CO2 levels, set them as in MI & the ratio will be correct.
If the flue hood connector is cracked you'll see stains on the back internal combustion box, or use your FGA to check.

Last edited:
Great advise from aggis and mfgs.

You MUST ensure the burner gasket has been changed from the hopeless silicone one to the more durable graphite gasket.
I have been to a few where the silicone gasket was virtually none existent.
A tell tale sign this been done is the newer nylock nuts round the burner, but if in any doubt change it.
Change electrodes etc, fine tune the gas/air ratio.

Jobs a guid yin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks! Given this boiler was installed around...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
Let’s have a heated debate…
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
S
Totally agree with you Alpha man. They...
Replies
Views
serenstaid
S
Back