B&Q Toilets (RAK) also taps | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss B&Q Toilets (RAK) also taps in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcdougc

Hi,

Looking for a toilet and some taps.

Seen a couple of nice toilets in B&Q, managed to find out they are manufactured by RAK. Both have Geberit dual flush systems.

I've heard some negative comments about RAK on various forums, would a low end Vitra S20 toilet be a lot better quality? (pricing is very similar, around £150 complete)

Also a lot of people rate Bristan for taps, but I've found some german taps made by Kludi which are reasonably priced. Anyone heard of them?

Thanks

Generally I've found B&Q sanitary ware to be overpriced cheap tat. Instead of giving yet more money to a multi national conglomerate like B&Q, why not have a chat with your local plumbers merchants who will offer you a personal service and advice and will be only too happy to offer you a value for money service, plus you'll be helping a LOCAL business.

I favour Bristan taps and have fitted hundreds in schools and public buildings all over the country.

Absolutely agree with Sys on this, to add - I'd go with Bristan for the taps, not just because of the guaranteed quality of the product but also because parts will be much easier to source if needed x amount of years down the line.

Another vote for bristan here. Fit them all the time. Stay away from B&Q.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you want an all out comedy farce with multiple deliverys of damaged rubbish then by a suite from B&Q.

Why don't you just let your plumber supply the parts? £150 is pretty expensive for a toilet, your plumber could supply a good quality (ideal standard/armitage/twyford etc) toilet, for around the same/a bit less, depending on the style you're after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for all the feedback, I think the general consensus is stay away from B&Q.

I'll see what my local plumbers merchant has to offer.

P.S. I'm fitting the suite myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry mate. My bad. My post wasn’t supposed to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK, I'm spotting a theme here :) Thanks...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the chuckle. Trying really hard so...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back