Back boiler Fire Front. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back boiler Fire Front. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

egg661

I have a Back Boiler with a hideous Fire front. I know that i can not remove the fire as it forms part of the boiler flue system.

Could I hide the fire front with a radiater cover (obviously i dont use the fire lol) These covers seem to offer plently of air flow so do you think it would be ok?
regards mark

its not something they advise you do, i can see your point of plenty of air to get in and out.
but they don't recommend it.

its not something they advise you do, i can see your point of plenty of air to get in and out.
but they don't recommend it.

I had a feeling that would be the answer. Cant see that the air flow would be restricted thou. Tempting thou ( with the addition of a carbon monoxide alarm) that fire is sure ugly lol.

Be very careful with back boilers. They have minimal inbuilt safety and any alteration to the fire, the flue and the ventilation can cause spilling of lethal carbon monoxide.
There are far more casualties from this kind of fault than there are from all gas explosions together.

Have a read of this:
Back boiler Repair In West Kent and South London

100% ABSOLUTELY NEVER mess with the air intake to a Back Boiler, even with what you consider enough air getting in, are you sure there is no restriction at all, as the answer is no, it isnt worth it

It's a big NO. Other than against regulations, you're suppling your insurance company a 'get out' of the contract if something happens! Could be very expensive for yourselves !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

when I removed the back coal saver I can now...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Back