Back boiler heating plan | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back boiler heating plan in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luigi

Hi iv come across a problem the house has a back boiler in it but the cylinder has been stolen along with some pipework.
There's a back boiler in the house and there's 2 - 28mm pipes coming from the chimney breast along with 1 - 22mm and in the other corner there is 2 - 8mm pipes which i guess are from the rads.
Up stairs there are 4 - 8mm pipes which again for the rads and 1 - 22mm pipe coming out the floor and 1 - 15mm pipe coming out the floor which i guess is for the cold feed.
Iv been looking for some sort of diagram of this heating plan but can't find one has any got any idea where i could get some from??

Thanks in advance Dan.

what do you intend doing once you identify the pipes? are you trying to replace the old back boiler, not normally allowed under new regs for condensing boilers unless u use a condensing back boiler, why would anyone do that I ask, when a nice walll mounted is so easy to slap in.
Anyhow the 2 x 28s are your primaries and the 8mm the rads, rest depends where they come from go to as to what they were. In this situation, best advice strip out the lot and start from scratch, easier in the long term and you can then guarentee everything will work ok for years to come.

sounds like gravity feed hot water 2x 28 and the 22 for pumped heating via the 8mm with the 15 as said cold feed

As the back boiler is still in dont think the regs woulkd apply as for rep[lacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back