back boiler issues-advice please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss back boiler issues-advice please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blurayaddict

hi guys and girls recently had probs with my pilot light going out on my back boiler but just replaced the thermocouple today and pilot light seems to be staying on,,,,,,,now i have problem with tempertures of the rads they are far to hot and my thermostat on wall is only set at between 15 and 20 and i have tried to turn the temperature dial where my back boiler is but i dont think its working and never has been since i moved in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,now im not sure if when the back bolier is on switched on and heating the rads it does not seem to turn off and on when the water temp cools down it looks as thou its just staying on all the time,,,,,,now this has not always been the case and the rads have been too hot for a few weeks now--sorry to babble on hope it makes sense-----thanks

Hi
Have you checked the thermostat on the the back boiler its self? I had on bbu last week when the thermostat on the boiler failed, overheated and melted the thermostat to the heat exchanger!!

you need to change the temp control unit / dial regardless. it is really dangerous to suspect that that is not working. do you hear the water boiling in the heat exchanger when it on?

If you changed the thermocouple did you take off the front panel from the bbu? If so did you put the Thermostat Phial back into its pocket in the heat exchanger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
your boiler needs a gas reg engineer to come...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Back