back boiler link up to rads | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss back boiler link up to rads in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gpm86

hiya i have been asked to link up the back boiler to heat the radiators,the back boiler is already heating hot water in a twin coil cylinder.And the radiators are heated by oil boiler! just wondering what is the best way to go about this,there is 2 motorised valves on the heating for up and downstairs!any sugestions would be great as iv only ever conected back boilers up to heat hot water in a twin coil cylinder..thanks

To be honest, where to begin? Is the back boiler a proper heating boiler for rads, or is it just for hot water? Small back boiler no good for rads. If it is for rads, then why was it only joined to hot water?( A large back boiler would have been too powerful.) It might be best considering a new boiler, even multi fuel stove? Assuming it is for rads then normally two separate pipes, 22 mm usually, come from the other two tappings on the fire, to connect to main pipes for rads. A pump and check valve first. Never fit any valves on gravity pipes to cylinder. A check valve at oil boiler also. This system is probably easiest option I am guessing. Motorised valves could cause problem as to how to heat both circuits from fire. It can also be piped slightly differently with an injector tee. Other options are types of neutralisers. Why not look up Link up systems for solid fuel to see pipework arrangement? I think only experienced engineers should do any of these.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sounds like a pump failure, gravity will heat...
Replies
Views
Would need twinning in properly and I wouldnt...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
Back