Back Boiler Pilot Assembly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back Boiler Pilot Assembly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumberdan

Hello,
I have been out of my time for a year now and have just started on the maintenance team at the firm i work for, i am very interested in learning about allsorts of fault finding etc.
Today i got sent to a job to replace a pilot assembly on a glowworm back boiler... i had to strip half the boiler out to get to the pilot assembly just wondering if there is any easier way to do the job??

Also the pilot assembly itself was a pain to remove as a fiddley little screw holding it in place and a nightmare to get to, just wondering are they usually easy to remove?:rolleyes:

thank you!

Welcome to my world! And no unfortunately there is no easier way.

BBU are a walk in the park, wait till you get an old Valiant 242 combi to work on or a Ideal Isar. Lifes a ....!!

Good fun isn't it?

And sometimes people insist its only a 10 minute job.

Actually old BBU's are fairly simple compared to some. Wait till you start on combi's and the like.

Its great to open a case and see a dirty great PCB motherboard with loads of daughter boards.

You get to thinking "What am I, a Plumber or an Electronics expert?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
In my experience, the way these things usually...
Replies
Views
Back