Back Boiler Programmer Replacement | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back Boiler Programmer Replacement in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, i have just bought a house with a back boiler in, eventually i am going to replace it but at the minute i cant afford to and have other priorities. I am however looking to change the programmer to make it easier to live with. The programmer i currently have is a Horstmann 425 tiara programmer (https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/horstmann-425-tiara-programmer/18470) and i am looking for advice on what to replace it with and if it is something i can do or is it a complicated job. I ideally want to still be able to control the hot water and central heating seperatly and set a timer for the hot water. Cheers for any advice.

Do you currently have to have the heating on with the hot water? If so the system is designed this way on purpose. As the hot water will probably be gravity and the heating pumped. If this is the case the only way to get them independently would be to upgrade your system. (Sorry to say)

No. When i have the heating on the water automatically heats up as well. But when i have the water on on its own the the heating dosent come on. Ta.

Last edited:
Ok, so it is what I said above. You have to have the water on to get the heating to come on. Look at something like an LP241 timer. It has a gravity setting on the back of the timer.

The one recommended may need a little extra wiring work. But if you go to the horstmann website it should tell you a digital like for like if there is one. (But I do not fit Horstmann, sorry)

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back