back boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss back boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
9am my phone rings customer after a power flush !

customer signed up with them on 18/11/2011 and two days ago he had first visit to service back boiler which was fitted by them
6 years ago ! Since service was done boiler runs for 10 min riches high temperature and cuts out and after about 7m when it cool it self down fires up ! They offered and highly recomended pf-£700 plus magnabooter £250
As engineer told customer (late 60 years old gentleman ) there is blockage on pipe work !
All rads are getting hot and hot water is getting heated to !
My question is what do you thing ,i think bg engineer adjust working pressure to max therefore boiler heats up very quick and is stops.

Before they serviced it boiler did run ok !!!!

i went round and had a chat with Brian and did not take fire out to have a look as he did not want to spent money as he was going to ring BG for them to come back to sort it out !

What could have BG engineer have done to cause it to over heat ,what do you think ?
Customer wanted me to power flush his system but I could not take his money and offer service which he did not need ,I looked in F&E and there was a little bit of sludge ,nothing to worry really ,plus he changed all rads this summer !

they probably adjusted it to max when they were testing it Stan. They should have put it back to what it was before they adjusted it.

little trick to simulate over heating and charging nearly £1k for work not needing at all ,I mean i do not have much this days but my hart will not let me even consider charging him even £350 (my rate) for power flush as he does not need it !

BG are some kind of rough traders I tell you

stan your heart is in the right place. the costs those big gas fools charge are way off the scale it's unbelievable but then they offer customers payment terms over a period of time which is attractive for people strapped for cash.

i dnot now model ,i know is baxi and it was fitted about 6 years ago ,and customer mention that it was not the most expansive one ! out of the range they had back then

its not uncommon for an appliance to develope a fault after a service because the nature of a service is to take apart and adjust things etc... the shocking thing is that they want to do all that unnecessary work instead. :(

same thing i posted last week fitters leave there own number so it doesnt go out as a new job and just say till its flushed we wont come back

It could even be that after cleaning out the heat exchanger the heat transfer is more efficient leading to the overheat?
IMO turning a stat down to cope with an overheat is the cowboy way as you are dealing with the symptom not the cause.

As usual for BG the quote is very high and a lot of the engineers will jump to this conclusion as they are on commission but a well installed system should be able to run with the stat on max without overheating.

Or am I totally wrong?

My apologies lads I have just had a re-read and noticed your on about max min gas rates not stat settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
B
I am relatively inexperienced but it happened...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back