back boilers left in? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss back boilers left in? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys. me again.

i have a customer who "Knows everything". im fitting a new boiler for the fella as his old backboiler is not good enough. trouble is he wants to keep the fire but also leave the backboiler in but blanked off. now normally i just pull out the backboilers and get a new fire fitted but hes on about keeping the back boiler in the catchment area and keeping the fire. if all flow tests spillage tests pass is it ok to just leave the back boiler in there? there arent many backboilers left in my area so its a rarity.

you have to ask the manufacturer if its ok to do so and if they say yes get it in writing,lets say its a BAXI Bermuda as it was the most popular , BAXI will say they dont recommend it,but it can be safely done the onus is on you

thanks gas man. i was a little nervy about leaving it in. ill see what the manufacturers say. i did pre warn the customer that it may not be an option to keep the fire anyway. ill keep you posted.

Hey Gas man. took a look at the bbu today, its a baxi bermuda. looks like ill be giving baxi a call just to see what answer they give. thanks for the help mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back