Back burner | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raz 85

I have a pressurised heating system in my house,wanting to put in a wood burning stove and wondering can I put one in with a back boiler to heat the water only-not radiators? I'm not going to attempt myself but after getting both yes and no answers from plumbers I'm baffled. Help please?

Yes it can be installed to heat your water but your best to talk to a HETAS approved installer and hell give you the proper advice needed , obviously your stove has to be open vented so cant be pressurised , there are several ways to link up the systems ,

As above, ^^ yes it can be done no problem if your hot water cylinder is an open vent, gravity fed from a cold water tank type of system. An unvented hot cylinder cannot be just connected though. So we need to know what sort of hot tank you have. If it is a vented tank and pipe runs not too long, or not in an impossible situation, like a bungalow with solid floors and cylinder remote and on same level as fire, then you could ask your plumbers why they say it can't be done.
Don't confuse your pressurised sealed heating system with the hot water.

he did, you've had enough information now to know what to ask when you find an HETAS registered engineer. thread closed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
D
H2 with combi and stove? Combi sealed system...
Replies
Views
Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
Of yes of course, I never thought of that! At...
Replies
Views
N
Replies
Views
Back