back flow on a cdi compact | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss back flow on a cdi compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richie_77

Recently fitted a fitted a WB cdi compact then notice that it was trying to fire up when there was a fluctuation in the cold main pressure.
Am i right in thinking that i'm going to need a small expansion vessel between the non return and the boiler on the c/m???????????

Yes. DC will stop boiler firing but then you need the vessel to take up expansion of heated water.

So what there saying is that the expansion is happening within the c/m fair enough ( much like in small instantaneous water heaters if the distance is great enough) but in new builds with combis all new houses have to have non return protection on the incoming c/m dont think ive ever had to fit an expansion vessel in one of those maybe i should of........

Most manufacturers do recommend you fit them if water meters are fitted

and with some you can have problems with plastic parts failing in the boiler. tbh on new builds you find alot of things that should be done, not done (scale reducers, pressure reducers, check valves, isolators). If the meters in the road its not normally an issue, but if the meters in the property then one (exp ves) should be fitted. They can be expensive for what they are.

Last edited:
Recently fitted a fitted a WB cdi compact then notice that it was trying to fire up when there was a fluctuation in the cold main pressure.
Am i right in thinking that i'm going to need a small expansion vessel between the non return and the boiler on the c/m???????????
Richie this can be taken care of via the internal software settings, no need to fit anything, are you GSR? If so I will post how to do it

Richie this can be taken care of via the internal software settings, no need to fit anything, are you GSR? If so I will post how to do it

Disable it? How does it work if one is required? Could you pm me the details of that please vern :)

Disable it? How does it work if one is required? Could you pm me the details of that please vern :)
Lol nothing is disabled, more tweaked, these boilers are incredibly clever on the software / settings etc, some of which are not in the book for good reason

hi Vern I've PMd you with my details would love to know how to sort this out electronically I'm kinda guessing you somehow make the sensors less sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
You can get a blue box of decent rubber rings...
Replies
Views
It won't work I wouldn't expect. NRV's...
Replies
Views
Back