Back to back toilets - solids transfering | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter roblindsey
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 12K

Discuss Back to back toilets - solids transfering in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roblindsey

Hi could anyone help please? I have been having problems with my upstairs toilet. The plumber has recently fitted 2 new toilets back to back and on the same soil pipe with a downstairs toilet also on the same soil pipe. There has been solid waste in one of the toilets upstairs which we haven't used yet so is obviously coming from the other toilet, but when we check by flushing with coloured water nothing seems to be transferred. there is a durgo fitted above ceiling height. I don't know how the pipework is fitted as one has been boxed in and the other is a concealed type toilet. If anyone could help with any ideas on what is happening and how to over come this I would be very grateful.

If hes litraly piped them "back to back" using a Y shaped tee then that your problem, there is a minimum measurement between how far away from each other inlets that face each other can go, I havent put that very well as Iam full of alcoholic ginger beer.

Thanks for that, i'll try and find out exactly what has been done, hope you don't have to much of a hangover. Anyone got any other ideas that I can put to the plumber?

Daft question, but are you sure that somone hasnt left the solid waste?, Ive been known to "christen" a new toilet before the customer, taking the "vriginity" of fresh white sanitryware is one of the few perks i have left in this job.

Finally! A question I can give something useful to!

The measurement BlackCat was talking about is 200mm. This means there should be a gap of that amount between each pipe entering the stack. I can't go much more in depth as that Im afraid because Im still a learner but hopefully someone will be able to use that info to help you more.

Finally! A question I can give something useful to!

The measurement BlackCat was talking about is 200mm. This means there should be a gap of that amount between each pipe entering the stack. I can't go much more in depth as that Im afraid because Im still a learner but hopefully someone will be able to use that info to help you more.

shep, i dont think thats the measurement Blackcat is on about, yes your right that there should be 200mm between the centre of the branch on the stack and the centre of any inlet directly below that, but what BC is saying is that the two toilet soil pipes are "hitting" each other and then entering the stack as one pan arm. i had the same issue with one of my customers and really if the 2 toilets are on the same arm from the stack then they should be offset to prevent this. you could try fitting anti-rodent traps in the multikwik connector although we found that the "solids" built up behind the trap and blocked the toilet LOL.

i couldn't see a jobby going from one toilet into y branch, back up an s trap and popping out to say hello. Someones done a dump, realised no water in cistern or something and prob not told anyone lol

Hi, thanks for everyones comments, i'll mention these to the plumber. We also thought someone might have been caught short but have now locked the door and still have the problem. Not a nice subject but the solids are broken up. Thanks again, and I would be grateful for any other ideas.

Not too sure what is meant by secondary stack? Could you please clarify :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
C
Lusso is a load of Rubbish. There customer...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back