Back to wall double ended baths. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back to wall double ended baths. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Anyone fitted many of these? I am just intrested in how the bath panel usually fixes? With it being curved, is it clips on the bottom? And the wall? Thanks

Screenshot_20190423-213954.jpg

My bath is very similar at home. So what I did was tiled the bathroom, then put the bath in last. This way you can adjust the height of the bath to get the panel to fit perfect and tight to your finished floor level. I also stuck batons of wood at the bottom where it rests so it couldn't get pushed in at the bottom. Didn't need screwing either.

Overall a bit tricky, but it looks great.

Similar to most panels where you get clips that screw to the underside of the bath and to the floor, I haven't done one where the panel fixes to the wall. But always fit a batton up the wall and with a couple blobs of silicone press the panel up against them to reduce the panel flexing

I have a house with one in that is damaged. Tiled floor and walls underneath and around.
I'm hoping to swap the bath without having to re-do the tiling. Sound plausible?

Thanks, how is the bath usually fixed to the wall L brackets?
Once the bath panel is taken off you will clearly see how/if it's fixed. It my just have the feet screwed to the floor and be siliconed back to the wall.

Removing and refitting without removing or damaging tiling is plausible, just depends how the old bath is fixed. Fitting the new one to the existing tiles is easy so long as the bath is the same size. Or get a bigger bath so you can fit the bath against the tiles to cover the gap where the old bath was.

In answer to your first question. I have fitted some with spring clips under bath edge and clips/batten on floor; some with an adjustable metal framework which is integral to the bath, the panel is then fixed to that with magnets (it has metal plates bonded to rear of panel) - the latter were superb but hideously expensive.

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, bought a couple of those and will give...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have recently done a similar job with drop...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Look at the post 'Is this a weep hole?' .. the...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Back