Balanced compartment boilerhouse | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Balanced compartment boilerhouse in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
I have a balanced compartment boiler house, fitted with 3 forced draught open flued boilers, is this acceptable?
Don't have access to ige/up/10 to double check, and the literature I do have is very light on the subject.

Thank you.

Where’s the combustion air coming from ?

And the vents allow enough air for combustion and cooling etc ?

Eg net x 10 cm2

Fine providing the vents are clear eg 600mm and the room is sealed so inspect door seals etc it’s good they’ve got a interlock on the door

Thank you for your help,
someone has cut air vents low level in the doors (2 years ago, which the installation is 24 years old)
which i believe is effecting the combustion of the boilers.
I highlighted this issue, to which I'm being dragged over the coals "as it isn't a balanced compartment" as "you cant have forced draft burners in a balanced compartment" referencing igem documents he knows I don't have access to.
But my onsite reference books and British standards don't mention it.
Many thanks 😊 🙏

Send me your email will send you up 10 over

Similar plumbing topics

E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back