Balancing and zones | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Balancing and zones in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

P

plumbinguser

Hi

I have been reading the forums and believe that I understand how to balance a single system.

I have two zones on the central heating, one for downstairs and one for upstairs. I have these coming on together in the morning but after that they are timed for different times.

The question is do I balance the zones individually or both together (as forums usually say to find the nearest and work away from it but as zones seperate I am not sure).

Thankyou for the information.

I will open up fully on both sides and call for all heat (except hot water) and then run around and see which order they heat up in (hopefully before they all have)

Which make and model boiler do you have?

If you have an external bypass valve, there will be a pipe teed off after the pump and before any motorized valves which connects the flow to the return. This will have either a gate valve on it or a valve with an adjuster and a numbered scale (this is the ABV).

PS The bit underlined in my last post is a link to balancing instructions.

Thank you, I can see it on the drawing. I presume I just leave this as it is as the balancing link you provided just says to set as per manufacturers instruction (may be a daft question but what exacly does it do?)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There are 7 manifolds total. I”m no expert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Zone 1 does the whole house including...
Replies
Views
  • Question
what a stupid regulation if it doesn’t spell...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
Back