Balancing C/H system Halstead Ace Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Balancing C/H system Halstead Ace Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi To All & thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Have tried to balance my C/H system to the 12 deg C or 20 deg F differential across the radiators - its proving difficult if not impossible. Balancing was needed as I had a couple of Rads that were cool and others which were red hot. Having identified flow and returns on all Rads I went round adjusting the flow LSV. Most rads have virtually the same flow and return temperatures as does the main feeds from the boiler. The manual says there should be a differential of 15 deg C at the boiler flow and return but these too are almost the same temperature! I can't slow the pump down as there is no speed adjustment - I could restrict the flow inlet valve to the pump but wanted any suggestions before I meddle anymore - 4 Rads Upstairs 3 Down 7 Rads In total all fed by 15mm pipe off 22mm feeds no TRVs fitted all are now similar temperatures but have similar flow and return feed temperatures!. - Help please!!

Thanks In Advance.

Having identified flow and returns on all Rads I went round adjusting the flow LSV.
How far are they open?

I don't know which balancing procedure you followed. Try How to balance a CH system, which is based on the procedure advocated by a reputable TRV mfr but applicable to all installations.

4 Rads Upstairs 3 Down 7 Rads In total
We need to find out the total kW of your rads and compare it with the boiler output (11-17kW for CH). It could be that the boiler output needs reducing (GasSafe job)

Use the Stelrad Elite Catalogue to get a fairly accurate assessment.

Basically the nearer the rad is to the boiler, the l/s valve req's to be closed more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
Suggest monitoring and timing exactly...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. Just finished and managed to set...
Replies
Views
Back