balancing radiators ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss balancing radiators ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been reading about balancing and have an idea how to do it i just have a question about when you have to screw in the l/shield valve on the rad that gets hottest first . on my system , this would be the one in the bathroom that has two l/shield valves on as there is no trv on it , so would i screw both ends of this rad in a little ? or am i mistaken and there is only one l/shield per each rad always ? thanks

on that rad the coldest pipe (one of them will heat up first not that one)

Makes no difference. Whatever side the lock shields on. Wind it down until off then open 1/4 to 1/2 turn on the hottest radiators. Unless your house is huge it should be fine

treat the cold (return therefore) pipe as the lockshield end, leave the hot one fully open

Say again Shaun.

right on a rad theres two pipes

one will get hot /hotter than the other one first thats the flow
the other is the return

Sometimes we all forget that we`ve been doing our stuff for years and it`s all shiny new to others.

now your trying to make me feel old now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here is a photograph to peruse.
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
M
Teed off of 10mm feeds from original rad?
Replies
Views
Back