Balancing with a combi boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Balancing with a combi boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vw1978

Just had a new combi boiler fitted ( Ariston class 38 HE ), should I need to balance the rads still because some don't even get hot, we have 7 rads, (4 double 1200's downstairs and 3 single 1200's upstairs ) . Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

I always balance the system it's the plumber in me lol but for a new system just installed they should be nice and toasty, think installer call back would be a shout ;)

could be sludge if existing definitely get ur plumber back, should have checked all that. (as chaps below say, really should speed up my typing).

Last edited by a moderator:
How should the rads be plumbed? The boiler is in the kitchen downstairs, the pipes run through the wall in to the closet and then they 'T' off for the upstairs and downstairs, would it be better to try and keep them in some kind of loop? So go upstairs first from rad to rad then on the last rad drop back downstairs and go rad to rad then back to the boiler? . Although I'm thinking with a boiler of this size it shouldn't really matter because it should handle the way it's Been done easily. Cheers again for the advice.

every heating system needs to be balanced correctly. Its the job of your engineer to do this when any work is done in the system. Be it a new boiler or addition or change of rads.

attended a new system today that had not been balanced by the cobhead who had fitted it. it took me about 10 mins to adjust the lockshields to get the system working alot better. Not a scientific approach used but any experienced engineer knows roughly whats needed to get a good system balance. If your being paid to do it then more time can be spent as needed.

Just had a new combi boiler fitted ( Ariston class 38 HE ), should I need to balance the rads still because some don't even get hot, we have 7 rads, (4 double 1200's downstairs and 3 single 1200's upstairs ) . Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

Hang on a bit, did the radiators that are not getting hot now get hot before, that's a good starting point, if they were getting hot before with the old battered boiler and not now, get the plumber back, is this logical. A bit like having a new boiler fitted in summer, " never tried to see if the rads get hot Gov" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
Back