Band A boiler £480 inc vat, flue ,clock and filling. anyone seen cheaper? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Band A boiler £480 inc vat, flue ,clock and filling. anyone seen cheaper? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the price of this ferroli demicondes 26he boiler in my local indepenant merchant today. has anyone seen a band a boiler cheaper

I though a domicondens was a band b

double checked . its a band a boiler maybe theyve tweaked it.

save your money buy a proper boiler,heard a rumor and i dont know if its true that ferroli are pulling out of the uk because of tat products

If i dont do it someone else will. works work and business is business. good to be competitive. some people are happy with tat and have a tight budget. some people will do research and go for something decent. but at the end of the day the ive been been to baxi mains worcester bosch and theyve been chuffed after 5-6 years . ive seen ferrolis ravenheats (must admit they are pants) going strong after 10 years with no ill signs. i think sometimes its down to how its been installed and how often it serviced and the system as a whole etc.

that is cheap, i quoted for a cheap boiler and still didnt get the job i dont think, the woman thought she was doing me a favour as i've just started working for myself, cheeky tight arsed git she's not doing me any favours i was earning the same labour wise and not doing it as a homer as she thought !

I wouldn't worry about it Gerry, if she wants a cheap boiler she'll pay for it in the long run anyway.. most of the time I say if they want a cheap job, then I'm not interested as it wastes my time going back to fix it and costs them more, most of them see sense but you still get the odd feckwit.

I wouldn't worry about it Gerry, if she wants a cheap boiler she'll pay for it in the long run anyway.. most of the time I say if they want a cheap job, then I'm not interested as it wastes my time going back to fix it and costs them more, most of them see sense but you still get the odd feckwit.

how can it cost you to fix it if its under warranty. and if its not in warranty do you do it for free. myself when i quote for a boiler i always giuve them 3 options. then they cant blame you then when they take the cheap option. if they go for the cheap option and it breaks then at the end of the day you win anyway because you get the cash for fixing it. this sounds harsh but if you warn them before hand you cant be held to blame when it goes belly up. Although i say this i know some custs do not think like that and in there eyes it's always your fault.

how can it cost you to fix it if its under warranty. and if its not in warranty do you do it for free. myself when i quote for a boiler i always giuve them 3 options. then they cant blame you then when they take the cheap option. if they go for the cheap option and it breaks then at the end of the day you win anyway because you get the cash for fixing it. this sounds harsh but if you warn them before hand you cant be held to blame when it goes belly up. Although i say this i know some custs do not think like that and in there eyes it's always your fault.

In my eyes its not worth the hassle and it costs my time having to explain to the customer that it was their decision to fit the cheap boiler. It also risks my reputation as customers who often decide they know best are also very quick to point the finger and blame the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've been a heating engineer for over 15years...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
You should be able to pull a bit more out eg...
Replies
Views
I do, sometimes, at the end of a shower, but I...
Replies
Views
Back