banging boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss banging boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fitted a Potterton system boiler in a house 3 years ago and in the last 2 months the customer has complained about a banging noise coming from the boiler every so often. But yesterday was most of the day and after it came on this morning it did it and has now stopped. I went to have a look the other day and all i could see was that the pressure was going very high when heating up so thought it may be the prv releasing. Maybe vessel pressure or hole in diaphragm but not had a chance to check it yet. Could it be any thing else ?

Customer said this morning was so loud he thought it was a car smash outside

As its the boiler / system you fitted just give it the once over and test the parts you have been trained to do so.

Eagle eye, We can't answer this in open forum mate. There's suicidal idiots out there who would read this then attempt the repair of their own boilers.

Can you PM Gas Man or Redsaw with your gsr details and then, when you've got your yellow badge up, I'll be only too pleased to reopen this and move it to the private forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We recently moved into a new rental...
Replies
Views
Back