banging heating pipes? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss banging heating pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm running some new pipework under floorboards (two radiators being moved to different walls downstairs).
I've taken care to run the pipes so they're not touching each other as they travel along the joists. However, they do touch on the final bend through the ceiling to the downstairs rads.
Is it overkill to worry about them banging against each other at this point? ie, should I buffer them with some kind of material (would old rags be ok, or something specific?)
Also, I haven't yet clipped them into joists. I thought maybe of clipping them every metre (just to keep them apart).
I'd be very grateful for advice.
Thanks,
Jennie

regs tell you to clip them out nicely - although many aren't quite frankly!

Yes they may well bang if you dont . .. .

get some rap lag (hair felt) and rap it around anywhere the pipes touch any joist or themselves and put a few nail clips on to secure the pipes.

CELROL.jpg

picture of hair felt laggin, get it from any diy shop or plumbers merchant, about 1 to 2 squids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the replies I decided to reroute...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
British Standards BS6700:2006 Design...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back