Banging Noise and whining noise | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Banging Noise and whining noise in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my sink, but happens when no water is running. I think it could be when my neighbour is either running water or maybe using a washing machine. House is an old 100 year old terraced house. Anyone any ideas on what it could be and if there is something I can do for it? Thanks in advance for any advice. Two videos attached. One for banging and one for the whining.

Attachments

• 20230705_210957.mp4
    62.8 MB
  • 20230704_175947.mp4
    51.6 MB
Last edited:
try opening your stop tap fully, then turn it back one turn only
Hi cjg. I am still getting the high pitched whining noise tonight. When it does it you can feel the stop tap vibrating. I believe it is when a neighbour is using their water? Is there anything I can do on my end / get installed or is it a matter of trying to speak to the neighbour? What would I say to them. Same thing about the stop tap? I haven't heard the loud bangs so far tonight or at least not to the degree in the video I posted. But not sure if that is only if they are using a certain appliance. I will see for the rest of the week on that one. Thanks in advance.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I think this is the most likely solution...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the tip. I have an outside tap so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
All helpful possibilities cheers, I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It is a bypass valve, the purpose of which is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Kop, thanks for the reply. No water storage...
Replies
Views
Back