Bar mixer shower - unable to adjust temperature | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bar mixer shower - unable to adjust temperature in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I have a concealed 3 valve thermostat mixer shower which is around one year old.

I realised that the middle mixer that sets the temporary is just going around and not changing the temperature. I’ve removed the knob and found the grub screw has created a groove all around the spindle and the knob is not gripping. I have tried tightening the grub screw but it did not help

I am now looking to drill the spindle a little so the grub screw can sink into the spindle and make a firm grip.

Would this solution be ok or is there any danger of me causing a further problem ?

Any help much appreciated.

You could put a flat on the shaft where you want the grub screw to tighten onto

Upvote 0
Hi Thanks for the info. I'm sorry for being a bit dumb but what do you mean putting a flat on the shaft ?

like a or b would do

1586347797801.jpeg

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi I have a concealed thermostatic mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Ben-gee for you quick reply. I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could try contacting Bristan - most mixer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
This question, word for word, has already been...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for this, really helpful. I was...
Replies
Views
Back