Bar shower thread extensions. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bar shower thread extensions. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
When you have installed backplate elbows for a bar shower, what does everyone use to extend the female connections to the cranked adapters.
Happens a lot when thick tiles are used.

i normally use 1/2 FI x 15 mm compression fittings ptfe these in.the trouble is they are parallel thread so don't tighten in too well.
been to a job of mine today where this had been leaking a while and I've had to re plaster and replace tiles. So looking to find a better option.
it would be better if manufacturers made the 1/2 thread longer.

Better to buy the quick fix kits. About 25 quid in toolstation.

I hate the hidden threaded joints. Better to have soldered elbow in wall and then external fixings

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Because people over tighten them and there so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just as an aside, this fitting is never under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could use these below. It will depend how...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Guys for all the advice.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sure is, around 15 wraps on each fitting...
Replies
Views
A
Back