Basin mixer tap query | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Basin mixer tap query in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

A

Aquarius

Good afternoon,

Just checking I’m not suffering with brain fog. Haven’t done plumbing for a while. My basin mixer was dripping, so I ordered some new inserts (wickes one’s - £3.50 for the pair). I replaced and wife said, still dripping, so I ground the seat down and still dripping, not massively. Could it be the cheap inserts? Tap is 10 years old, thinking of replacing, just checking I’ve not missed anything? :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Tbh not worth repairing them unless you can change them eg boxed in etc

there cheap enough

If they’re ceramic disc ones then now you’ve ground seat you will need a washer/oring to take up the extra depth.
If they’re compression ones then maybe check seat is now perfect.

Buy a new tap if none of above works.

Thanks @ShaunCorbs. Thanks @Ben-gee yes they’re ceramic cartridge, I only ground a little, but tbh I might just replace, by the time I’ve faffed about with an o ring, I could have replaced it.

Anyone any experience with the “new” pegler comap taps? Also seen a Grohe tap, but some say they’re not good with low pressure?

Similar plumbing topics

I havent yet....but it's looking like TMV's...
Replies
Views
Don't waste your time Luca honesty get it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK, I'm spotting a theme here :) Thanks...
Replies
Views
Get the panel off, then you’ll see what’s...
Replies
Views
yeah new tap time, you can get a good new tap...
Replies
Views
Back