Basin slow to empty | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Basin slow to empty in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Having a slight problem with the basin slow emptying. Plunnging it helps a little, i have taken the trap off and its clear, the pop up waste is clear, the waste runs into the internal soil stack, i think the issue is a flat run of the waste for about 2 meteres along the floor. I did ask the plumber who fitted the en suite to check the waste and renew it if needed, he assured me it was all ok. I have asked him to check it out but he doesnt seem to be interested, i looked at renewing the waste bit its not easy as its well boxed in. I have never used any of the chemical drain cleaners, are these ok to use, is there a trade version which is better than shop bought ones. Any Advice appreciated..Thanks

You’d be better off starting with a spring wire drain clearer, something like this: Monument General Wire Spring 15ft. X ¼in. Drain Auger (15PQH) - MON3343H - https://monumenthandtools.co.uk/monument-general-wire-spring-15ft-x-in-drain-auger-15pqh-mon3343h and go from where you remove the trap.
Thanks for the advice....I had looked at these, will they go round the 90 degree bends on the 32mm waste pipe, they are tight bends, would need to get round two before were i think the issue is on the flat horzontal run.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Or use one of these Basin Waste Seal Kit |...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s great thanks and makes a lot of sense...
Replies
Views
  • Question
First, ensure the exact position of the leak...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Vado do a plastic bodied universal click clack...
Replies
Views
Alasdair Fleming
A
Back