Basin tap cover - how to remove? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Basin tap cover - how to remove? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I replaced the gland on the hot kitchen tap and successfully stopped it constantly dribbling. Problem niw is that the hot tap in the downstairs loo is dripping more. I thought I'd just do the same, but I can't get into it!
Have removed the little cap, and undone an Allen head screw inside, which is now in the handle somewhere, but can't get the cover off - any ideas?!

Attachments

• 20210501_082818.jpg
    20210501_082818.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 51
With the screw removed I guess it needs a little brute force to get it moving. Couple of towels to protect the ceramic and two levers to help it move.

Thanks RPM. Is it right to wangle the levers in where the red bit is?
I would say just above the red plastic ring on the cover itself. Try not to lean over the top of the tap in case it pops off and smacks you in the mouth, hopefully it will slide off once you get it moving.

The coloured part may have a screw through the top of it into the spindle and the grub screw holds the cover onto the plastic part.

As RPM above, I'd pull up above the red ring to start.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looks like it should pull off
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Hi, there is no grub screw. I have attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s great thanks and makes a lot of sense...
Replies
Views
Back