Bath filling slowly | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath filling slowly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends,

An old lady asked me to have a look at her bath, the hot water fills quite slowly. It's an upstair bathroom with the airing cupboard on the same level.

The tank is one which has the CWSC attached i.e there is olyn the F & E tank in the loft for the CH.

If a CWSC was put in the loft, i.e increasing pressure would this make better flow to the hot bath tap? Also, if this was the case and she wanted to go ahead, would a new tank be needed in the airing cupboard i.e. not a combined tank and CWSC?

No issues downstairs obviously as plenty of pressure.

Cheers all.

fitting a "conventional" system with CWSC in the loft and a (new)cylinder in the cupboard will increase the flow to the taps, however although a fairly straightforward plumbing job it still takes a bit of planning to get right, and without trying to be rude, the question you ask is fairly basic so im not sure if you would have the skill to do the job, (have re-read that and it still seems ruder than it is meant to !!!!!!!) first thing to look at is why there is a combination cylinder in the cupboard as this is always going to be second choice as a design, so CAN a CSSC be fitted in the loft? bearing in mind you need access to it to fit it and maintain it, there is also the question of support, a 25gallon tank will be required and weighs a considerable amount and would need to be positioned over a supporting wall, a decnt plumber could advise on a site visit as to whether it is viable,
to the job in hand, has it ever worked? if so then we are looking at a solveable issue, if it has always been poor due to low height diff between water level in CWSC part of tank and tap then it aint gonna get better, but if it used to be ok and is now worse something has happened, so check level in tank, is ballvalve refilling quiclky (if too slow you lose head of pressure and flow to tap) is the tap working, check for blockage and jammed washer etc. a few bits to check out before a repipe

There's no issue as to loft access. No idea as to why a combination system was fitted but as you say my experience is on the way, I have fited a system before but not a combination one, the woman told me it's always been slow. The water is coming in OK, the level is what I would expect also.

The loft, is pretty empty with as I say just a F & E tank there. I don't see any issues with doing the job if it's gonna give her more pressure which I think it must. There are plenty of internal walls in teh loft to put a tank over so not issues there I think also.

Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It could be best to get him back to have a look
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
Back