Bath Mixer Tap/Boiler Problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath Mixer Tap/Boiler Problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maddi

I have a Worcester 24i Combi Boiler and a Plumbsure Quartz Bath Shower Mixer
EAN: 0000003633632

The hot water is not coming through the bath tap most of the time, it occasionally comes through at a dribble and on other occasions seems normal. It makes no difference if it switched to shower or bath. The hot water runs normally at the bathroom and kitchen sinks.

The pressure on the boiler varies from almost nothing to 3+ (when the central heating is on), it drops away to nothing when the heating is not on and I then have to re-pressurise the boiler to 1.5.

The mains water pressure is pretty fierce.

I had an similar problem this time last year and replaced the mixer taps and that seemed to solve the problem, however it can't be usual to have to replace the taps on an annual basis so I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions of steps I could take to attempt to remedy this.

I have searched this forum for previous answers to similar questions but nothing seemed to answer my problem.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Are you in a "block" of flats/ house ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you for the prompt reply. That makes a...
Replies
Views
..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
  • Question
I know they require the ibox installation...
Replies
Views
Back